Szent Magyar Autokefál Egyház - Holy Hungarian Autocephalous Church
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Szent Magyar Autokefál Egyház - Holy Hungarian Autocephalous Church

A Szent Magyar Autokefál Egyház hivatalos fóruma - Official forum of the Holy Hungarian Autocephalous Church

KezdőlapKezdőlap  Legutóbbi képekLegutóbbi képek  KeresésKeresés  RegisztrációRegisztráció  Belépés  

The Life of Aristotle - Chapter II

Go down 
SzerzőÜzenet
Admin

Hozzászólások száma : 50

The Life of Aristotle - Chapter II  Empty
TémanyitásTárgy: The Life of Aristotle - Chapter II    The Life of Aristotle - Chapter II  EmptyPént. Jan. 08, 2016 8:12 am

Chapter II: The Revelation - In which Aristotle receives the Word of the Creator.

One day, the young Aristotle, only five years old, wanted to sit near the temple of the false god Apollo in his village of Stágeira. The temple was on a little hill at the end of the city. The child liked to look at the tall white stone columns that cut across the azure sky.

When he approached the steps of the temple, he stopped as if immobilized by an invisible force. Not understanding what had happened, he turned back towards the town to call for his mother, Phaestis, who was some distance from there. However, his lips produced no sound.

Terror began to overwhelm his soul, and then a clap of thunder rumbled above the temple to the false god. A flash of lightning struck in its center, and the temple collapsed at the child's feet.

Then, a powerful voice that made the skies quiver resounded in Aristotle's heart. It said: "This is what my power holds for the idols that are honored as gods. Seek a single God, search for Truth and Beauty, and then a day will come when everything will be restored."

Deeply distressed, the child fell inanimate on the ground. When his eyes reopened, he was in his father's house, and his mother was leaning against him tenderly: "My child, what happened? We found you near the collapsed temple, your face turned towards the sky. Did God appear to you? Who destroyed the temple?"

However, the child did not answer. He remained silent and looked at his mother with the eyes of one who sees for the first time.

Finally, he spoke: "My dear mother, please tell me: what is the Truth?"

The poor woman was good, but alas, her soul was still full of pagan ideas, and she did not know how to respond to this question. She leaned into her son's brow, embraced him, and closed her eyes softly.

"I love you my son, isn't that the only thing that matters? Sleep now; tomorrow your father will return from the war, and you must be rested so you can receive him properly."

And then she rose and left the room, her spirit filled with anguish.
Vissza az elejére Go down

The Life of Aristotle - Chapter II
Vissza az elejére 
1 / 1 oldal